Healthcare Assistants are an essential part of the medical team onboard, effectively supporting the team with a broad range of clinical, laboratory and administrative tasks. Healthcare assistants conduct health screening, surveillance testing, vaccine campaigns, and work closely with onboard medical staff and admin assistants in attending to patients during daily clinics.
Primary responsibilities include laboratory specimen collection for COVID-19 surveillance testing, all associated administrative functions and onboard laboratory specimen processing procedures. Other duties include basic assessment and triage, assisting with patient care and activities of daily living, specimen collection for other tests and procedures, patient education and vaccination campaigns. Additional duties include equipment checks, medicines and consumables inventory management, participation in drills, audits, inspections, and training of other crew members. Technical skills are learned and practiced on board.
All medical staff provide a high level of customer service, maintaining a professional, dignified, friendly, assertive, and polite manner at all times towards guests and fellow team members, consistent with the Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization.
Healthcare Assistant applicants must have work experience in one or more of the following areas: licensed practice nurse (LPN) or above, Health Care Assistant (HCA) or equivalent role, Emergency Medical Practitioner (EMT) or equivalent, or Laboratory Technician. Current registration and licensing with an appropriate governmental or national regulatory body is preferred. Applicants’ most recent work experience should be in a clinical setting. At least three years of post-graduate clinical experience is preferred.
- A valid BLS certificate before joining a vessel
- A Valid passport
- Eligibility to be issued a United States C1/D Visa (Not applicable for US and Canadian citizens)
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English, both conversational and technical
- Experience with the use of electronic health records is preferred
- A commitment to completing at least two four-month contracts within twelve months
- Compliance with Company disease screening and vaccine requirements for Medical Staff, including vaccination against COVID-19, Influenza and others.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability